There are two companies in the United States that you need to get in touch with. Different banks, cards, and organizations use different companies so you need to check both.
Also, the customers can make use of the online my account access cardmember service login to manage their credit cards online and get monthly credit rating reports on their email.
You are entitled to apply for a copy of your credit file under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Also, there are several my account access rewards for the customers based on the credit card type.
There are several ways you can do this:
- Online – Using a Credit or Debit Card, for the fee of £2.00, you can apply online.
- Post – Download a copy of our standard application form (you will need Acrobat Reader), complete it, and sent it to Equifax.
- Post – You may also write to Equifax, requesting a copy of your Credit File.
Another option to check credit rating is using my account access portal online. Please ensure that you provide the following information:
- Your full name, including title, forename, middle name, and surname (and maiden name if appropriate).
- Any other name you have been known by.
- Your date of birth.
- Your current address, including house number/name, street name, district, post town, and postcode.
- Any previous addresses lived at during the last 6 years. List each address separately including house number/name, street name, district, post town, and postcode.
Please enclose a cheque or Postal Order payable to Equifax for the statutory fee of £2.00 and send your letter to the company mailing address.
Online, By Phone, or by post
Order by post
1) Download, print, and fill in the credit report application form or
2) Send a letter including your name, date of birth, address, and any addresses where you have lived in the last six years.
Post to: CHS Experian Mailing address.
Please include a postal order or cheque for £2 made payable to Experian Ltd.
These services are not free – but you get a printed credit rating report which explains everything you need to know about the information on your credit file.
These services both cost £2. But it could be the most useful £2 you’ve ever spent.
Why both? Different companies use different credit checks – so you probably need to check both.